POSTING TITLE: Part-Time Youth Counselors, Boys and Girls Club of the Grand Strand
Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates activities in assigned program areas such as Education, Special Education, Social Recreation, Technology, Arts & Crafts, and/or Physical Education with Club members.
Horry County School Calendar / 1:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Nine Week Summer Camp
June 8 – August 7, 2020 / 8:45 am – 5:45 pm
(Job Sharing Potential during Summer Camp)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Effectively implement and administer programs, services and activities for Club members focusing on academic success, healthy lifestyles and character and leadership development.
- Actively supervise Club members providing an intellectually stimulating, fun and safe environment.
- Maintain the Boys & Girls Club Code of Ethics and follow Club Policies and Procedures, including Risk Management and Client Safety.
- Adhere to the Mission Statement of the Boys & Girls Club of the Grand Strand: “To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us the most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.”
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree from an accredited college preferred.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for school aged youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise school aged youth providing a safe program environment.
- Ability to motivate Club members to establish and maintain Club program goals.
- Background check required.
- CPR and First Aid Certification completed within first 90 days of employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry items up to 30 pounds.
- Some prolonged standing is required when supervising Club programs and activities.
- Participation in the group effort of maintaining a clean, safe Club environment for all.
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Sharon Clayton, Interim CEO